I am exhausted after our activity filled weekend. It began with me getting up bright and early on Saturday morning and rushing around like a chicken without a head cooking food for Lily, buying birthday gifts, making up beds and all sorts.
Kristian s mum , Michele ( Lily's nana) came up to London arriving at 1 pm to look after our precious for the night.(sob Sob)
We had been invited to our friend Tynes surprise 30Th birthday party on the Saturday night and it was a 70's cocktail party. we decided to go and leave Lily with her Nana.
Designated Dave (ie ME) drove us all to Walton on Thames all suited and booted in our 70's attire. We took cath who is about 8 months pregnant and her husband Gav as well as Carol (Gav's mum) and Kristian and I.
We got there on time and the men folk immediately found their way to the booze and that was the start. a great time was had by all. Tyne had a great surprise birthday. The menfolk in my car were suitably pissed (which made for an interesting drive home) and our lovely Lily was very good for her nana and we arrived home to a quiet house and fell into bed.
Michele very kindly kept Lily quiet and we slept till 9(bliss) and then had a quiet day around the house and a quick walk to the park. Not a walk actually more a food stop as Kristian had the munchies and was hungry again after his 2 rounds of bacon sandwiches, so we made it as far as "the honest sausage" which is a sweet little free range sausage stall in the park. Kristian has a "park porker" which filled the hole and we bumped into the Davis's again and they too needed park porkers(one being preggers , one being hung over and one being on her holidays) So poor weight watchers me just had a diet coke. I had had a bacon sarnie earlier though so don't feel too bad for me.
So another week begins. I am counting down the days till my mummy comes to visit for my 30TH birthday. I just cant believe in a few weeks my 20s will be over(sob)
otherwise I have the usual baby group on Tuesday and plenty of walking around with the lilster.
we have a weigh day for Lily this week as well and I pray she has put on weight. she seems to be eating well.
I will put some party photos up (don't worry Cath not many of you) so you can see how funny we all looked. Kristian and Gav had not spoken to each other and dressed the same it was pure coincidence.
xxxx
W
2 comments:
Hi Wends,
Looked like loads of fun, wish we could have been there, there are so many of you guys having 30th's over there that we are missing.
We are there in spirit though.
Lily is getting so big, looking forward to seeing you guys in August.
Love
Nicci x
Hi
Wow that party looks fabulous - and now I need a bacon sarnie...
only problem is, the bacon here sucks compared to the bacon in England!!
When is your birthday and what are your plans to celebrate???
Mari xxx
Post a Comment