Friday, January 29, 2010

lisa and some chickpeas

this is my dear friend Lisa with Lily at boulders beach. I have known her since she was 5 years old and have babysat for her many, many times. she is now 20 GULP. She is a lovely , kind young lady who I adore . Lily was very keen too and said the other day after we had been sitting in silence for a while. "mummy, do you remember at the beach when Lisa painted my nails blue? that was a nice day"Here she is with her lovely boyfriend , Ivan and a lobster....oh no its not a lobster its my husband the day after a boys weekend away in a very sunny place.
This is the recipe that Lisa posted on my facebook wall. I am yet to try it but with my chickpea thing I have going I thought it apt. thanks lisi for the recipe and for being so thoughtful
xx

Ingredients

Directions

  1. 1
    In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
  2. 2
    Cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute.
  3. 3
    Add chickpeas and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
  4. 4
    Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
  5. 5
    Transfer soup to a blender; cover loosely, and puree until just smooth.
  6. 6
    Return to the saucepan and stir in lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
  7. 7
    Serve, garnished with a fresh rosemary sprig, or an additional drizzling of olive oil.

4 comments:

purpleronnie said...

she is indeed the most specialistest darling xx

Unknown said...

That story is too sweet, Wends. By the way I love that photo of you and Lily that you have added to your profile. xxx

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy. On another site someone mentioned roasted chickpeas but she didn't say how to do them.

Lisa said...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted-Chickpeas/Detail.aspx heres the link for the roasted ones both of you - there yum yums too :)