
To my parents Peter and Fiona,( mum and dad , nana Fi and dad dad.)
I was a terrible daughter and forgot as in my line of work we are not required to keep an eye on the date. Its even more terrible that i don't actually know how many years they have been married. I have a feeling its 34 years but I am sure my mum can correct me.
One of my favorite things to do in the world is to watch old cine films. My dad had this old machine that you feed the film through and this big screen and we would switch out all the lights and watch these silent images. My parents wedding film is amongst my favorite. My dad had it put onto video a good few years ago and is probably transferring it to dvd now ( where will it all end). I still pick that silent cine film of them . my Nana fussing in the background, my aunt all black hair and eyelashes and my mum and dad all young and coy.
They are my role models in most things but in marriage who could have set a better example..
5 comments:
Aww!! Congratulations!!!!!
I am not sure if the other comment went through as the computer did something funny, but as I just said... this made me all teary... We were married 35 years yesterday. Can you believe that it was 10 years ago that you gave us that wonderful Mexican party for our 25th!!! I too love those cine nights, where you laugh till you cry, or wet your pants whichever comes first!!!! Love Mum xxx
Happy Anniversary Peter & Fiona!!!
No matter how many years you have been married may there be decades more all filled with joy!
;o)
- Lee
CONGRATULATIONS Peter & Fiona!!! May you have many more blessed years together :) Hugs, xx
You have reminded me that Jacques' grandfather (also gone from this world now) made a cine of our wedding. I've never seen it, but need to bug Jacques' uncle for it again. I'm sure it'll be a favourite of Jake's over the years and it'll definitely make my eyes leak.
Congratulations (very belatedly) to Peter & Fiona! Well done!!
Sue x
Post a Comment