Monday, May 12, 2008

a recipe

here's a good recipe for pre toddlers and toddlers
I make it every week in different forms and freeze little portions up.

I call it rice rice its so original !!

take 3 handfuls of basmati rice and set aside
chop 1 red onion finely and fry in a little butter
take 3 veggies of your choice and fry alongside the onion
this week we had butternut ,spinach and peas
add a can of tinned ,chopped tomatoes
add rice
add some boiling water from the kettle just so it can all simmer away
add a pinch of sugar to cut through the tomato
if you have parsley you can put some through
let everything simmer until rice is cooked

top tip: if you are cooking pumpkin or butternut steam it a bit first to help it along its way

when its done you can stir some nice Cheddar through a bowl so it melts and its yummy.
sometimes I add little bits of chicken or fish
and sometimes (not often) I add vienna sausage. its processed you know and we are all trying to be healthy but oh those are yummy!!!
Its a great recipe for any veggies you have and its so healthy

other veggies I use
sweetcorn , red pepper , pumpkin ,

Lily's been having this since 9ish months as I found rice a great way to introduce texture. it sort of all sticks together which is easier than pasta.

lets all share our recipes that are good for toddlers and mummies who like to eat the leftovers
xxx

1 comment:

PiaG said...

You read my mind!! THANK YOU!!

I have been saying the past few days that I want to make a risotto type thing for Adam - and here it is!!

MWAH!!!