Sunday, February 10, 2008

my belt is tightening

So, We are getting married, this you all know. Weddings require money and a fair amount of it too, hence we are on a strict fiscal budget. Every penny and pound has been allocated and there is very little room for movement. I know I am making it sound awful but its actually been a really good thing to do, Like a financial spring clean if you will.
We know exactly how much we spend and we still have money to save for our wedding which is amazing I think considering I am not working.

So Kristian and I have a spring in our step now every time we underspend on something. I can see him literally rubbing his hands in glee.
We are well on our way now and I have begun to get excited about the wedding . I have a few meetings set up for March and I cant wait to see the venue again just to remind myself of it and its wonderful soul. We have decided on a colour scheme of deep reds and maroons and I really hope I can stick to this and not try and throw extra colours in as I am prone to doing. in fact my bridal horoscope ( yes , really) says taurus: your style : luxurious your colour: velvety rose your challenge : sticking with your vision . even as I read that I thought , hmmmm they say velvety rose.. I love the sound of that and I do like that colour. It also says in that same piece that taureans have an instinct for being brides. I do hope that this is true.

That brings me to traditions. I do love tradition but I am not a traditionalist where this whole marriage thing is concerned. If i was I would not have a little toddler running around. So We made a few decisions regarding the wedding. I didnt want to throw my bouquet and have a garter taken off. I mean I am trying to lose weight and plan to squish myself into some spanx pants and a corset. I dont want people seeing down there where my secrets lurk. I origionally was not going to have a bouquet but then my friend jenny asked me what I was going to do with the other arm and hand that was not attached to my dad. She thought it may swing wildly. So for the safety of all my guests I am having a bouquet and I am glad as now i have decided I want one. I love flowers.

My belt has tightened in more ways than one as I lost a couple of kgs this week too and went down to the next clothing sixe ( albeit a bit snug) Things are looking up.
I am off to surf the internet now and confuse myself even further.
PS If any of my SA friends know of a good DJ please let me know.

lots of love
the bride to be
xxx

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Ooooh I should not be doing this as I am off to work. Anyway I too am getting so excited and there is much to do when you are here in March and we will have fun choosing colours and all sorts. Love you Lots - MofB

Sue said...

Hi Wendy,
Life sounds very exciting for you at the moment. I'm also saving up, but mine's for a holiday, not a wedding. I'll let you know what Joanne's DJ's like after their wedding, which is less then 2 weeks away. Hope you'll be joining us for March dinner club while you're here!!

XXX

PiaG said...

my friend John - capricorn music

http://www.capricornmusic.co.za/

byeeeeee
P