So its that time of year again where we all come up with lots of resolutions to become better people that are forgotten by March . I have never once stuck to a resolution. It depresses me so.
I think its just my nature. I am not a sticker. This is made worse by the fact that I live with a sticker. Kristian has made many a resolution since I have known him and he sticks to them all. I really admire him for it.
He does not have one every year but when he makes one he follows through. admittedly some are more difficult than others. One year he gave up smoking and is still smoke free 6 years later bar a few social fags. 4 years ago he decided that he would wear more scarves. Yup you guessed it , he is still a serial scarf wearer to this day.
This year he has tentatively given up meat but is still eating fish. He is just trying it out to see how he goes as he has been mumbling about it for ages and he hates it when I make chicken and will not look at raw meat at all.
I know he will continue with it. I can just see it in his eyes.
So I have no new years resolutions but I do have a goal for the year. I must have lost weight to fit into my dress by august and with this weight loss I really want to eat ultra healthily . My immune system is not good at the moment so I need to feel well and full of energy. Lily and I are going to walk briskly every day and I am going to the health shop to get supplements. I need to feel healthy and good about myself again and what better time to start.
Before that though I must just finish that pesky tray of mince pies left from Christmas......so Monday then.
2 comments:
Those funny resolutions of his. I think the no meat one is a fantastic idea - one I am definitely going to start up again next year.
You are a very determined and tough cookie when you want to be and esp when you have a goal in mind so I know for sure you will be ready for that stunning dress by august.
Good luck
xxx
My new years resolution lasted about 24 hours. I said I was on the FF Diet - Food and Fiscal Diet!!!! The food one is difficult as we are still being invited out and about and I am not so good then as you know and the fiscal diet, well when you have a beautiful grand-daughter and all the sales are on how can I resist. Oh dear!!!! Mum xxxxx
Post a Comment