Sue immediately asked me if Lily still had her friends Milly and Sister, and then it all came rushing back to me. All those times I pushed Milly on a swing and people looked at me as though I was mad. There was that time i accidentally sat on Milly and was told off! Mostly just observing Lily playing with Milly and sister all day. To her, her imaginary friends were very real and they had such detailed back stories , down to birthdates and likes and dislikes. There were times that I thought there must be something more to it. I still believe that. I think the first time Lily mentioned Milly was so amazing that since then I have believed that perhaps these were little spirit friends ? Lily was only 18 months old when Milly joined us. we had just moved into our new house in Hither Green and she was sitting in the lounge on the floor when suddenly she got up and went over to the window whee she began chatting away to someone. I looked over and asked her who she was talking to. she told me it was "little girl" Little girl crying" then " little girls birthday 22 august" I was a little freaked out especially by that precise date. To this day Lily cant even remember her own birthday. In the following days her name emerged and Milly was around everyday all day.
Then suddenly Lily started school and about a month after Milly was mentioned less and less and finally not at all. Its quite sad that we lost her but Lily's imagination is still going strong...
No comments:
Post a Comment