Wednesday, December 07, 2011

its the most wonderful time of the year

Fortnum and Mason window display
The Ritz
Hyde park winter wonderland
Fortnums windows again. too divine

Hello. How does one start blogging again after a long absence ? do I catch you up? Do I just begin? My verbose personality would usually take the catch up route,but for a change I think I'll just begin with... Christmas
Its my most favourite time of year. I love the happy , joyful atmosphere. the twinkling lights and the Christmas trees. The mulled wine and snowballs and the mince pies.. oh the mince pies..

My mum made Christmas a very special time for my brother and I when we were young. So much time and effort went into our Christmas. I am in turn doing the same thing for Lily.

We have been to a few Christmas fairs already and stood around in crisp weather sipping mulled wine. we'll be seeing Father Christmas very soon as well, at Hever Castle as we did last year. Its so special .
I also have booked to see a pantomime this year. Something I have always wanted to do. I have been to one many years ago in Cape Town but only remember it vaguely . Its such an English institution, the pantomime . Every theatre has one and every actor is in one. We will be seeing Aladdin at the Greenwich theatre this year.

whats everyone else doing in the run up to Christmas ?

4 comments:

Pink Granite said...

I love the golden glow in all of your photographs!
Chuck strung the "icicle" lights on the porch and barn roof edges; the little white twig tree is out on the porch. We've been lighting a beeswax votive every night, just for its beautiful honey aroma and the comforting glow. Soon there will be latkes and then Christmas in Rhode Island. It's all zinging along a bit too fast this year.
Thank you for the reminder to savor it all...
;o)
- Lee

Sue said...

Welcome back, we have MISSED you!! So glad that you're still around and love the pictures of Christmas in England, especially Hyde Park. There's something about the park that I just love. And it looks magical for Christmas.

Enjoy sharing it with Lily, I am so glad our schools have finally closed so we can start having some Christmas fun this side too :)

lots of love XXX

caroline avnit said...

I just thought I would check your site and yay you are posting again! Yes, it is a great time of the year, especially when you live somewhere like London and have those stunning displays to look at! Beautiful. Enjoy the mince pies and mulled wine honey and I hope Santa spoils you xxx

Fiona said...

Yipeeeee! So happy you are back blogging. It all looks so magical Wendy...I cannot tell you how I wish we were there with you. I get disappointed here that the shops don't make things more magical, and the centres, they do not realise how it would encourage business. Best shopping centre so far..The Waterfront. Post some of your home..it looks wonderful. Love you lots and lots and lots..Mum xxxx