Well , well, I hope I have not lost you all due to my extended absence ,but if you have ever moved you will know how time consuming and exhausting it is. As I type i am sitting in my beautiful , new house. I could not be happier with it. If I could buy a house this would be it.
I will take some photos when I am all done packing everything away.
This post will serve as a major catch up on my life so lets begin....
we moved 2 weeks ago now and the week prior to moving was awful due to our previous landlords being a "a bit difficult". All I ever hear about is poor landlords and awful tenants who ruin properties but I am here to tell you I have rented for 10 years and I treat a house as my own . I just wish tenants could get a break. All was sorted in the end though and we moved without incident. We hired a man and van to move us,well actually two men so I thought fabulous, until the first man to step from the truck was about 75!! Luckily he brought two younger men with him but as it turns out he was strong as an ox. Never underestimate the elderly. Bar his frequent toilet breaks he helped with all the moving and when Kristian tried to help with moving the sofa into place ,and then tumbled over, he was ever so concerned :)
The new house has been so fabulous. beautiful new bathroom with velux window skylight. new kitchen with dishwasher, new carpets, reclaimed oak flooring. We have it all and its amazing.We have needed a few bits of furniture which we picked up from ikea. Has anyone ever heard of Ikea leading to divorce? they should warn you that assembling the furniture could have a negative impact on your relationship. Its all up and lovely now and finally Kristian and I are speaking again.
Mum arrives in 3 sleeps time now. Saturday morning. How wonderful it will be to have her here and then my dad 2 weeks later. I cant wait. It is so difficult being separated from them. Birthdays and mothers day and fathers day. They become very difficult to deal with. Mostly I just shrug them off and ignore them in true Wendy style. I find that easier. I recently missed my lovely friend , Caroline's , birthday as well. I think that's amongst the worst things to deal with. that life continues and everyone you love continues doing the things you used to be part of. And you miss all the small stuff. all the bits of news and funny moments that you will never get back. I hear all about my friends children but some of them I am yet to meet and others . like my little Sarah, have developed personalities that I know nothing about. I know I am sounding all morbid but its just an observation and its how I feel.
On the other hand when i have times like this that are coming up I enjoy the quality time with my loved ones and we do such great things and make memories that last me till the next time.
Right in my first moving week , my friend Jacki has a friend who organised tickets to the peacock theatre , sadler wells, to see Havana Racatana. Amazing dance show. I so enjoyed myself. the salsa dancing was awe inspiring and it was wonderful to have a night out. Hoping to see another show when mum and dad are here. There are so many I want to see but I think wicked will be my next one. I hear its great.
Bar that little Lily is doing great. She has a full blown personality and is so clever. cant get a thing by her. At times her character is so like mine its quite scary. She does things that i recognise. In other ways she has all her own little traits coming though. *warning..story that only a mum will find interesting* Yesterday morning Lily needed a wee quite early, at 6am (yawn), so as she is sitting on the toilet and i am staring blearily at her she says" Mummy , you have some seaweed in your eye" I discovered that it was not in fact seaweed but crusty sleepy stuff.(don't try and deny you don't get that) Where on earth does she get this stuff. We don't even live near the sea!! after I laughed she then revised her opinion and changed it to "a flake"
I promise I will post some photos after my birthday do on Sunday of Lily and us and the house and whoever gets in the way of my camera.
until then..
xxxx
6 comments:
Sounds like your new home is going to be a very happy one. Well, at least once all the Ikea moments are well and truly brushed under the rug. Looking forward to seeing the photos. Enjoy your birthday, I will be thinking of you and hope the weather improves for you. We have no chance of sunshine - 2 cold fronts hitting the Cape between today and Monday. I'm going to have to make a few changes to my plans.
XXX
Yay, I've missed you! But only two more sleeps and I will be able to give you all proper hugs and kisses. Cannot wait to see your new home, I know you will have made it beautiful as that is what you do best!!! Am so excited and today I have butterflies in my tummy. See you Saturday, bright and early....sorry!!!Mum xxxxx
So glad you are back - just said to your mom yesterday how quiet you have been. I am glad all went well with the move and i wish you guys so much happiness in your beautiful new home. Please post pics soon. Us Taureans need an attractive space to feel content and settled! Oh, and I am really glad you got your dishwasher!
ps: have fun with your mom tomorrow xxx
Congratulations on the move to your lovely new home!
And thanks for catching us up on all the news.
Chuck and I have seen "Wicked" twice and loved it, so I do recommend it. (Here's my review: http://pinkgranite.blogspot.com/2007/11/wicked-was-wicked-good.html )
As for IKEA, my theory is that it get better and easier with time. Therefore the risk of divorce steadily diminishes.
Enjoy the visit with your Mum and Dad and I look forward to photos when you get a chance!
;o)
- Lee
It's going to be really great spending time with your mom and dad, I can almost feel her excitement as she gets ready to fly today! Have a great birthday "do" -oh, and tell that mother of yours that I'd LOVE to hear from her sometime!!
Luv
Gail
Have a wonderful time with your folks and be very happy in your new home. Exciting times!
Post a Comment