I got to spend time with my parents and brother as well as my dearest friends , Steven and Veronica and Caroline. I went to a baby shower for my friend Nicci. ( good luck Nicci and Clive , we are waiting for your news!!!) I had a lovely reunion with friends Gavin, Catherine, Jason , Sandi , Susie, Clive , Nicci , Steve and Ron , in the form of a braai with many laughs. It was great to catch up with everybody . Babies had grown since I last saw them. Baby Amy Avnit was a week old when I last saw her and now she is 6 months+. the most adorable little munchkin with such a smiley face. Max Davis was 6 months when he left London and we had seen him weekly. he is now 9 months and starting to crawl. hes always been the sweetest baby.
I went to a raucous dinner club and got lovely and tipsy on mojitos and geisha life cocktails and ate lovely food. had a laugh with the girls which I needed to do so much. Its a lovely dinner club and the fact I am not attending the next one makes me sad and very jealous!
Then the pinnacle for me was going to Madame Zingaras theatre of dreams. It is an old "spieltent" (mirror tent) made in the 1920's. It has velvet canopies and stained glass windows and mirrors everywhere, as soon as you walk in its like entering another time . The evening is complete entertainment from the divine food served in 4 courses by fabulously dressed waiters to the stunning entertainment provided by cirque de soleil type performers and a wonderful bunch of divas with amazing voices. We all wore different hats and masks purchased at the shop and just had an evening of pure fantasy and entertainment. It was without a doubt one of the best things I have ever been to. The good news is that after a 3 month stint in Durban its coming to Hyde park for the Christmas winter wonderland. Just like the old travelling circus's would.
Between all this merriment I arranged a lovely man to marry us in august, a bagpiper for the ceremony, invitations, music, flowers , dresses and a beautiful cake. shoo....I feel tired just telling you all about it. I will follow on with all the photos . To everyone who made my short holiday special , thank you, It always lifts my spirits and fills my heart when I see all of you again
xxx
Grandad and Lily on the beach Suzaan , Caroline and Susie at Geisha
Wendy and a very "eina" Anchen
Caroline doing what sh does best, taking millions of photos of anything that moves or in this case not
Lily with her bucket and spade
Little girl after her mummys heart
I am waiting for photos of madame zingara from V so will post those soon. Not many picturs of Ron actually (how cunning) or Stevie. I will get you next time guys
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a fab time. Lily is blossoming into such a beautiful little girl. Love the pics .
Hope you settle back into London life alright again.
Love Nicola and boys.
It was wonderful to catch up with you while you were here at it is such a pity that the world's such a big place to get around on!!
Looking forward to seeing you and Lily and hopfully Kristian too in June/July!!
XXX
Hi!
It sounds like you had a lovely trip and got lots done for your wedding. You must be getting so excited now.
I love the photo of Lily swimming with your mom, such a water baby.
She looks beautiful as always, her eyes are stunning. Going to be a little heartbreaker I think.
Hope you had some fun in the snow on the weekend and that the Easter Bunny left you some treats!!
Mari :)
Post a Comment